Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Three Things I Plan on Doing After College




Last week, I wrote about three things I wish i did before college. This week, I decided to kind of stick with the trend and write about three things I am looking forward to doing after college. I think the future is pretty scary. You never really know what path your life is going to take or where you're going to end up. However, I definitely feel like if you have things you are looking forward to, it makes it a little bit earlier to look ahead. I definitely want to do the three things I wish I did before college after college but I also feel like I am going to be 22 years old so I am going to want to do some other things to. I think right after college is going to the be one of the most stressful but free times of my life. I am going to have all these new responsibilities but I am also going to have the freedom to take better control of my life. Already so here are three things I plan on doing after college.

1. Living Somewhere I've Never Lived Before: I've lived in five different countries through out my life but I can really only remember three of them. After college, I want to move to a place where I don't know anyone. This is definitely scary but I feel like living in a new city can lead so much growth and exploration. There is nothing more challenging than finding a new place to fit in. Also, exploring a new city is so exciting. I definitely can see myself living in Europe for a little bit or moving out to the west coast. Right after college, I could look for a job where ever I want. I know a lot of people get homesick but I don't think I never really get homesick. I certainly get family sick but my family has always lived all over the place. I really want to go live in London or move to California, it would be such a different experience than living in Jersey.

2. Start A Career Path I Enjoy: You should start everything in life of on a good foot and a career is no different. I feel like a lot of college graduates take the first job that they are given which I get. Times are hard and loans are expensive but I feel like you should do something you enjoy. I don't want to get stuck at an office job that I hate. I don't want to sit behind a desk all my life. I want to find a path that makes me excited to wake up in the morning. Your first job kind of sets the mood for the rest of your career and you definitely want it to be a good start.

3. Keep In Touch: You never know where your life will take you after college. You also don't know where your friends are going to end. I definitely feel like the first year or so after college really tests who your true friends are. You no longer live with your friends and you definitely don't see them everyday. I think it is going to be hard to keep in touch but definitely worth it for the better with the people who actually improve your life. It is also the time to let go of all the toxic friendships.

So here are a few of my goals post college. What are you looking forward to?





No comments:

Post a Comment